- Seignette salt
- (2R, 3R) – 2,3 dihydroxybutane – 1,4 – dioïc acid, Potassium Sodium Salt, tetrahydrate
- L (+) Tartaric Acid mono sodium mono Potassium Tartrate
- Butanedioïc acid, 2,3 – dihydroxy -, [R(R*, R*)] -, monopotassium monosodium salt, tetrahydrate
- Potassium sodium Tartrate
- Monopotassium, monosodium tartrate, tetrahydrate
- White crystalline granulars or powder
- Slightly bitter taste
- Density D204 of the solutions in water according to the concentration
- Solubility in water at different temperatures
- Almost insoluble in alcohol and ether
Product conform to the main pharmacopoiea (Ph Eur, USP, NF, JP….) Food grade Standards (Reg 2012/231/EC, FCC, JFAS….).
Rochelle Salt is mainly used in the following activity branches:
- Food Industry (manufacturing of pectins and gelatines)
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cigarette paper (combustion regulator)
- Treatment of metals
- Gas purification
- Encre for graphics
- Mirrors silverplating
- Laboratory reagent
Forms and presentations
Rochelle Salt is marketed in granulars and powder form. The bulk density is near to 1 for granulars ; near to 0,8 for powder.
Multiply paper bags lined with polyethylene of 25 kgs net.
Storage / stability
Rochelle Salt must be kept in an airtight packing and stored in a dry place, away from humidity and in normal temperature conditions. It is a stable compound which does not alter with time if these storage advises are respected. A use-by date is however indicated according to the regulations : it is one year. This product tends to cake therefore a long storage is not recommended especially for the fine granular qualities.